Or 4 installments of $9.25 by afterpay Learn more about Afterpay
Estimated Delivery : Nov 30 - Dec 01
Return within 30 days if unopened and unused
Handcrafted from the world's finest celluloid acetate for a sturdy yet flexible design, the Mason Pearson Rake Comb features individually cut, wide-set teeth to effectively smooth any hair type. The handsome tortoiseshell pattern and tumbled gloss finish make this the ultimate luxury piece to display on your vanity.
- Each comb is handmade using traditional techniques
- Hand polished for a high-gloss finish
- Suitable for use on wet or dry hair
- Measures approx 6" L x 2.5" W
- Revolve Style No. MPEA-WU3
- Manufacturer Style No. MPC RAKE
- Actual packaging and materials may vary. Please read labels, warnings, and directions before use.
Mason Pearson, founder-engineer-inventor, went from Yorkshire, Northern England to London in the mid 1860's to work at the British Steam Brush Works, in London's East End, in a partnership later known as Raper Pearson and Gill. The business was in general small-brush making. The brushes were made by hand. Mason Pearson invented an automatic brush-boring machine to speed up the whole process of brush making in 1885, for which he won a Silver Medal at the International Inventions Exhibition in London in that year. In the same year, he invented the "pneumatic" rubber-cushion hairbrush. It took until 1905 to improve his technique, much of which was still required to be done by hand. His widow continued the business on her own for a further 20 years, when the next generation was ready to take its part. During this period, the decision was made to concentrate on Mason Pearson's rubber-cushion hairbrush. The product design used nowadays is similar to the original 1885 model with the improvements of the fully developed models of the early 1920s.
If an item you would like to purchase is out of stock, you can place a Special Order Inquiry. REVOLVE will then check the availability and obtain an approximate arrival date for the item, if available. Typically, it takes up to 3-4 weeks to verify this information.
Placing a Special Order Inquiry is absolutely free and there is no obligation to follow through with a purchase.
- You will be notified by email once we receive the item.
- You may cancel at any time without penalty
- Your card will ONLY be charged when your order is shipped.
- Availability is not guaranteed.